Tell Me Some Things
If you love this blog and would like to sponsor my upcoming posts, please check out my Patreon. Get to enjoy bonus content in exchange for your support. For as little as $1/month, get a glimpse of my personal life as well as my blogging secrets. Plus, get to take part in Q&As, polls, and make requests. As my patron, I’m giving you the power to shape this blog to suit your needs better.
If you have any suggestions on what you would like to get on Patreon, please comment below. I would love to get in touch with you more; I would appreciate it!
If you’re still new to this blog, please subscribe to get the latest and juiciest updates. Oh, hit the like button too, while you are at it. Don’t forget to share it on social media. Thank you so much!
Tell us 7 things making you happy right now, and why they make you happy.
- Money – or at least what I can do with it. I’m finally making enough money to buy us groceries. I could still remember the time when all I wanted was to buy my kid a McDonald’s happy meal. I’m so thankful right now.
- Writing – has been sort of a refuge for me. A catharsis that prevents me from going over the edge. Now, it has become my livelihood; a means to pay our bills and put food on our table.
- Time – I’m happy that I’m working on a much more tolerable time now. It is crucial for me that I get to spend more time with my daughter. I quit my old job because she needed a parent to raise her. It would defeat the purpose of being a stay-at-home parent if I can’t do that.
- Spotify – music is one of my simple joys in life. I’m happy that I still get the chance to listen to Spotify despite my schedule.
- Coffee – I miss a good cup of coffee. Lately, I’m stuck with instant coffee and I can taste the difference. Again, another of my simple pleasures in life.
- Cobra Kai – I love the show so much! Being the bad guy in other people’s stories as well as struggling so hard to find meaning, I could relate. It’s great that they made a series to show the other side of the story.
- House – I’m happy that we still have a roof above our heads. If you’ve been here for a while, I’m sure you know about my money problem with the bank. We are in the middle of losing our house and it is just a matter of time. Despite the threat of becoming homeless, I’m so grateful that we are still here and not on the streets.
Tell us 5 things you learned last week.
- Be An Early Riser – I start work at 9 in the morning, that’s so early compared to my previous job that starts at 8 pm. I need to learn to wake up early in the morning to prepare for work.
- Better Time Management – speaking of time, I’m starting to better manage my time. Now that I spend most of my time at work, I still need to take care of the others around the house.
- Work Faster – My work needs me to write up 5000 words per day. I must figure out a way to maximize my output, so I’m learning how to increase my productivity.
- Adapt To Change – A lot has changed this year and I’m trying to do everything I can to adapt. We switch schools for my daughter, then there’s work.
- Being Honest About Myself – I’m starting to learn again how to let people in. I hate talking about my feelings, so I try to keep my guard up all the time. Lately, I’ve learned that it is okay to let myself be vulnerable now and then.
Tell us 3 things that stand out for you in 2021.
- Work – After years of blogging, I finally leveraged this blog to find work this year. It has been a long and tedious journey, but I am happy with the result.
- Friend – This year, I have one friend that stands out. I have this friend who has supported me since this pandemic began.
- Bookshop – I saved enough money and opened up an online bookshop. I sell classic and contemporary books on Shopee.
Bonus: What is the #1 thing you cannot do without in life?
Daughter – I can’t imagine living without my daughter. Raising her is my life’s calling, and I learn a lot from being a dad.
Wanna play? Check out the TMI Tuesday Blog here.
Follow us on Social Media!
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/MrABlogger
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/mrablogger
Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/thebarbariangentleman
Tumblr @ https://mrablogger.tumblr.com/
Shopee @ https://shopee.ph/bbookshop
Check out my Affiliate Links