Greetings Barbarians! Long days and pleasant nights!
I’ve missed yesterday’s post, so I must catch up today. I went to the bank yesterday to submit some requirements and negotiate some of the terms. In case you’re new to the blog, we’re about to lose our house in the next 2 months or so if we can’t come up with 1.5 million pesos. To prevent that from happening, I’m doing a fundraiser that I’m urging you to please spare some time to read. With the help of some friends and family, I was able to gather 52,775 PHP. Again, I’d like to say thank you to all those people who have supported me during these past few weeks. I know I still got a long way to go, but you have given me something to hope for. Maraming salamat at mahal ko kayo!
It has been a while since I’ve been nominated for a Liebster. To tell you the truth, I enjoy doing these nominations. It gives me a break from my usual writing and gives me a chance to get in touch with other bloggers.
I would like to thank Sheila for this wonderful opportunity. It’s always a delight to meet my fellow Filipinos here at the blog. So, please make sure to subscribe to Sheila’s blog and her Youtube channel. If you don’t, your head will transform into a fish’s head at midnight! Just kidding, or am I?
So you know the rules, Sheila gets to ask me a few questions, then I ask my questions to my nominees, you know the drill. But to be formal about this, here are the rules:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Name 11 fun facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other Bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
Now that we got that out of the way, on to Sheila’s questions.
Would you rather want the ability to communicate with plants or animals?
Animals and I would moonlight as a superhero at night. And oh, I prefer dogs over cats. I once had a dog who passed away some years ago. I was so heartbroken that I never took care of another pet ever since.
How do you start your day?
Pretty much like everybody else, I open up my eyes. Depending on how late I woke up on a day, I will either take my first cigarette of the day or take a shower.
What is your favorite scent?
I love the smell of paper, both new and old. I love the smell of freshly cracked packs of Magic: The Gathering cards. I love the smell of coffee, shoe polish, leather, gasoline, and tobacco. As for scents like perfumes, I use CK Obsession, Dior Sauvage, Versace Eros, and whether you like or not, Brut and Old Spice.
What is a piece of furniture you would like to make
I’ve always wanted to try woodworking. I’d like to make myself a nice coffee table, and a bookshelf.
What are you most likely to be famous for?
For having a sex video! Just kidding. Take a guess. It’s something that I’m spending an awful amount of time on. I plan it every month and I pour my heart into it.
What movie title best describes your life?
The Heartbreak kid
Explain the story behind one of your scars or tattoos.
I have two prominent scars: one at my left wrist, below the base of the palm, and a huge scar on my right brow. The scar on my left wrist is when I went full Incredible Hulk mode and tore my ex’s phone in half. It was on the brink of our separation, we’re having a serious talk when the new guy started calling. That’s when I lost it, grabbed the phone, held it at both ends, and tore in half like a piece of paper. The other scar, the one on my brow is from a surprise beating I got from two unknown people. I was waiting for my ride home, minding my own business when two men approached me and started beating me. At first, I thought it was a muggling so, despite the beating, I secured my wallet, phone, and my iPod.
What’s the most interesting place you have ever been to?
When I took a trip from Subic to Naga city. It was a long-ass drive and I get to see a lot of things. It was my best friend’s wedding and I went along with an ex. She suggested that we take a plane, but I chose to drive. It was going to be an epic adventure, and I never passed up a chance to take an adventure with a significant other. It’s a chance to make memories.
What is something you learned last week?
Hmmm, the wonderful art of saying thank you and being appreciative. As I said, I’m doing a fundraiser right now and I spend more time and effort thanking people than asking for help. Now that I thought about it, maybe that’s the reason why my fundraiser lost momentum. Well, it’s not something that I learned last week but it is something that I’m starting to be a master of. I’m always appreciative but with the fundraiser, I’m making more effort in letting my donors know that.
What is the most memorable gift you’ve ever received?
The gift of life from my mom and dad. The gift that is my daughter from my ex-wife. Then this cool leather-bound notebook and a fountain pen from Pancake.
Do you have a favorite post? Please share it.
Well, it’s not a favorite but I would appreciate it if you could spare me some of your time reading about my fundraiser. I’d also like to share the links of my donors and friends. Please subscribe to their blog and YouTube channels, they are good people. I’ll give their links below.
11 Fun Facts about me
I’ve already written a hundred of them but here is 11 more for safe measure
- The last book I’ve bought is Robert Greene’s The 48 Laws of Power
- I’m obsessing over Sons of Anarchy, the scene where Opie was murdered still breaks my heart.
- The last song I’ve listened to is Elton John’s Rocketman.
- I love watching chiropractors on YouTube
- For some reason, I don’t enjoy watching Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.
- I’m invested to the OnlyFans – Bella Thorne drama
- The first thing I read when I woke up today was Pancake telling me Battinson has COVID-19. I’m excited about the new Batman movie, it shows the darker side of the character.
- While I write men’s styles, I also know a thing or two about women’s fashion. I would give someone style advice if they asked me to.
- I got my payout from Patreon today, so I got the kids some Happy Meal today (my nephew was staying in for the week). My bill was around 961, and I gave the delivery guy 1000. He was asking if I could give an exact amount because he didn’t bring any change. I told him to keep it. I could hear the genuine appreciation from his voice. I was thinking that if ever I resolve our house problem, I’d like to do some charity.
- I don’t think I could write fiction, but if ever, I would like to write comic books.
- It’s been 6 months since Pancake and I last got together.
Now it’s time for the fun part, my questions. My questions range from serious to playful, from downright silly to naughty. My nominees may choose not to answer or accept that I’m a fun interviewer! Answer at your own risk!
- Age, Height, and Weight?
- Have you ever borrowed a small amount of money and forgot to return it?
- What is your most controversial opinion and why do you believe them? If you can’t talk about it in public, feel free to email it to me. Whether I agree or disagree with it, it is still worth exploring.
- Wearing a suit without a tie, yay or nay? Tell me why? (ain’t nothing but a heartache)
- What blue-collar trade you think is underappreciated? Why should people pay more attention to it?
- Why should every man be strong?
- Mind sharing cheap stay-at-home date ideas?
- What hobbies would you suggest for men?
- What outfit (or lingerie) does your significant other find insatiable?
- Tell us about you, why should people follow you and read what you have to say? What do you think sets you apart from the rest? Don’t hold back and be confident.
- Tell me what you think about me, what is your impression of me and my work?
Now, who gets to answer my questions. This would be fun!
I know I promised eleven, but these are the people I could think of right now.
To my nominees, good luck, and remember that this is for the sake of fun. If you feel that answering my questions is not for your best interest, it’s alright. If you think that participating is a waste of time, it’s alright. This is 100% non-commitment and I would still love you if you won’t take part. Have fun with my questions!
To my readers, please subscribe to Sheila and my nominees and read their excellent work. I wouldn’t nominate them if they are not good people and bloggers.
To Sheila, thank you for this wonderful opportunity. I hope you had a great time reading my answers. May more nominations come your way!
By the way, I would like to thank my patrons and donors for their support over these past few weeks. You are my inspiration in everything.
- Summerhill Lane
- Russell De Castro
- Penny Berry and Captain Quinn
- Anna Vill Garcia
- Joey Banaria
- Michael Orseo
- Neil Convento
- Bee Halton
- Phutie Tallada and Cherms Mantes
- Marco Banaria
- Mikki Bih0n
- Jiorgio Alvarez
- Sally Pamintuan
- Matt Smythe
- Mrs Wayfarer
- Robby Banez
- Nino and Diana Cassidy
- Susi Bocks
- Arcadio Rivera
- Yang Lee
Again, thank you for everything. You are the light in my darkest days. On behalf of my family, thank you!
Oh, I almost forgot, please like and subscribe to this blog! Cheers!
To Courage, Freedom, and Sheila!
Follow us on Social Media!
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/MrABlogger
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/mrablogger
Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/thebarbariangentleman
Tumblr @ https://mrablogger.tumblr.com/
Check out my Affiliate Links