Greeting Barbarian! Long days and pleasant nights!
A few more days until the government finally lifts the lockdown. So let me be the first to congratulate you on making it through the first wave. To be honest, it is far from over and our struggle is just beginning.
This lockdown has a significant effect on our community and in our household. There is no public transport, and most of the shops and stores are closed as early as noon. There is a shortage of some grocery items, not to mention the lines when you have to do your groceries.
We have to maximize everything and make use of everything with no waste. I was inspired to look for recipes that maximize our leftovers and canned items. With that, I present to you the humble fried rice.
Before we proceed in making our fried rice, please like and subscribe to this blog. Better yet, why not sponsor it? For just the same price as a tall caramel macchiato, you could help in maintaining the blog. Your generosity will ensure the blog’s future as well as food on our table.
Please check my Patreon account here for more information.
Special thanks to:
Don’t forget to like and subscribe! Cheers!
Fried rice is a great recipe for those affected by the quarantine. You could make it healthy or unhealthy, decadent, or as simple as you want it. It is easy to make, the ingredients aren’t that difficult to get and it works well with leftovers.
- 2 cups cooked white rice. chilled
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup leftover protein of your choice (mine was bbq pork belly)
- ½ cup chopped ham
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup of corn
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp diced carrot
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp butter
- If you have leftover rice, great but in case you haven’t, prepare your rice according to instructions. Once the rice is cooked let it cool at room temperature before chilling them in the freezers. One hour is good but the colder the better.
- On a preheated non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add some oil along with one beaten egg. Move them around until they turn into curds and remove them from the heat. Set aside in a bowl.
- Wipe the pan, and add more oil, cook the protein of your choice if you have no leftovers. Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl along with the eggs.
- Wipe the pan and add oil again, then add ¼ cup of mushrooms, canned is okay. Cook until the mushroom expelled all it’s liquid, then add peas, corn, and ham. Add salt and saute until combined.
- Once the flavors are combined, add a clove of crushed garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the rice.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 tbsp oyster sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce and add it to the rice.
- Crank up the heat and mix everything. Break up chunks of rice and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add the eggs and protein, bring down the heat, and add 1 tbsp of butter. Mix to combine
- Serve and enjoy!
To Courage and Freedom, and Fried Rice!
Follow us on Social Media!
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/MrABlogger
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/mrablogger
Tumblr @ https://mrablogger.tumblr.com/