Greetings Barbarians! Long days and pleasant nights!
I thought my luck on The Sunshine Blogger Awards has finally run out, but boy I was wrong. This time it’s all thanks to Laura @ https://improvemywellbeing.com/, so you know guys what to do. Stop being a prick and give her site a visit, she has great contents to offer you. Let’s give her a warm round of applause.
Here at The Barbarian in Gentlemen’s Clothing, we practice our reservation, but we also don’t shy away from topics on every facet of a man’s life. May it be style, fitness, ideals and yes, even sex, my goal is to bring the sexy back. This blog has been a great outlet for me to express my candidness in those topics, so thank you all!
So, boys and girls; you know the drill. Laura has a few questions for me, and I’ll answer them to the best of my abilities. So here it goes, please enjoy.
What’s the last thing you did that was new?
June is my birth month, there are things that I did try. I enrolled myself to a writing course over at Udemy, which I recommend to anyone – here’s the link (https://www.udemy.com). There is nothing more fulfilling than investing in one’s self. Another thing I did try was to unbox one of 1k peso mystery box from PoundIt. I got a burner phone and a new earpiece, which I so badly needed. For those who are unfamiliar with PoundIt, it is an e-commerce site for techs here in the Philippines. Special thanks to Ruth and Darlene from the PoundIt happiness team for the smooth transaction. If you want to check out PoundIt, here’s the link (http://bit.ly/2IuTxuL).
Who or what makes you properly laugh/giggle?
Jokes, I love jokes! Some dirty jokes or sexy compliments from some WordPress peers. A sweet, thoughtful and sexy message from Pancake or a cheesy joke from my kid.
When was the last time you surprised someone (in a good way!)?
Can’t think of anything recent, but I did surprise my kid on her birthday last year. Since we’re a bit tight on money, I told her that I couldn’t afford to buy her a gift. As she sleeps, I slip a gift on her bedside – a gift that I bought weeks prior. Let’s just say that there is a lot of excitement and screaming when she opened her eyes the next morning.
Do you have an unusual hobby/passion?
There is an inner geek that resides inside Mr. A’s “tough as nail” persona. I play and collect Magic: The Gathering cards and very fond of Jace Beleren and Liliana Vess. I also enjoy collecting and reading graphic novels, especially Batman’s.
What is guaranteed to irritate you?
Guys who skip leg days, badly dressed men with a bad attitude, guys who wear Tom’s, guys who wear a tank top yet don’t look like a tank.
Is there a weird/wonderful food combo you would recommend we try?
Anything with Filipino spaghetti… If you haven’t tasted Filipino Spaghetti, go to your nearest Jollibee.
Where do you go for some ‘down time’?
Man room or living room.
When did you last help someone else?
Over little things, all the time. Yesterday I had some talk with a friend who got screwed over at work.
How do you get through a dull day at work?
I’d listen to podcasts or some music.
If you got to choose one chore you would never have to do again what would it be/why?
None, I have come to terms with the fact that things needed to be done regardless of how you feel about it.
What’s something surprising about yourself that not many people know?
If you based it on my content and personality, it may surprise you to know that I’m a devout fan of extreme metal music. I used to be a musician in my younger years, sporting a hip length hair and lots of distressed jeans and band shirts. I could spend the day listening to At the Gates’ Slaughter of the Soul album on repeat. I also never listened per song; I must always be the whole album to truly appreciate it. Hence, I never had a favorite song, only favorite album.
1. The goal is to love life, not to endure it. If you’re bound to repeat an endless cycle of your life, are there things you wouldn’t want to repeat for eternity? If there are, have you done anything to change them now? What are those things?
2. Have you ever thought of doing something, but didn’t try to pursue it? Are you glad you didn’t pursue it? Tell us about it?
3. Is there someone out there that you follow with no question, even thou you know they’re wrong? Tell us who and why do you follow?
4. Is there a thing you’ve been waiting to do? Why are you waiting? Are your concerns realistic?
5. Tell us something that is you’re supposed to be committed to, but found yourself half-assing it? Why are you holding back? How can you give it everything you have?
6. What is your ideal haircut for men that you find very irresistible?
7. How is your net worth? Are you still living from paycheck to paycheck?
8. What is a guaranteed way to get a better night’s sleep?
9. What are the red flags that you look out for in a romantic relationship?
10. Is there anything that I have written that you consider poor or irresponsible? Is there a topic that I’ve written that you don’t agree on?
11. Now for the Mr. A being Mr. A question. If you don’t need a towel after sex, then you’re doing sex wrong – do you agree or disagree? You may choose not to answer, but if you do; tell us why?
So, there you have it; Sunshine Blogger Nomination #5 on the wraps. Again, I’d like to thank Laura @ https://improvemywellbeing.com/ for the nomination. I urge you to visit her blog and subscribe, she has great content about positivity and life in general. Congratulations to my nominees, I hope you had fun answering my questions. To all my readers, thank you for your continued support of this blog. Again, please check out Laura’s blog as well as my nominees.
To Strength and Freedom!
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
Follow us on Social Media!
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/MrABlogger
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/mrablogger